Wednesday, November 18, 2009

H.E.A.R.access route

Hi fellow bloggers! Just looking for your thoughts on the extension of the HEAR access scheme to all cao applicants this year? The financial threshold is €51,000.00 approximately.Do you think there will be a huge increase in numbers ticking this box on the C.A.O. form?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Siobhán, I was delighted to see HEAR being extended to everyone as I have often encountered individuals in difficult circumstances who did not qualify purely because they weren't from a designated disadvantaged area. I think this year in particular there will be a big increase in applicants for this funding (which will in turn make it more difficult to qualify for - could turn into a vicious circle for applicants!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm inclined to agree with you. I wonder how much money the government has set aside for the scheme!?It will be interesting to see what the take-up will be.Thanks for your thoughts.Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will probably be more applying due to the current financial situation.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete